How to Trade In Your Phone at Verizon
Trading in your phone is a great way to earn account credit towards your next Verizon cell phone or plan. In fact, you can trade in a wide range of devices, including:
- Basic phones
- 3G prepaid phones (active for at least six months)
- 4G prepaid phones (activated with at least the first month paid)
- Mobile hotspot devices
If you’re already a Verizon customer, we’ll credit the value of your device to your account. That way, you can reduce your monthly payments or upgrade your cell phone for less.
If you’re not a Verizon customer just yet, you’re still welcome to trade in your phone with us. You can request PayPal credit, or a Verizon Gift Card to help you start your new contract.
Follow our quick trade-in guide below to save money and protect the environment against waste with our phone recycling scheme.
How to submit a trade-in request
- Go to our Trade-In page.
- Answer a few questions about your phone and its condition so that we can estimate its trade-in value.
- Choose how you’d like to be paid, and how you’d like to ship your phone to us. We can send you a shipping kit, or you can ship the device yourself.
- Accept our Device Trade-in Program Terms & Conditions, and click Complete to submit your request.
How to prepare your phone for shipping
- After you submit a trade-in request, you’ll receive an email that tells you how to prepare, pack, and ship your old device. (If you haven’t received it, remember to check your spam folder.)
- Double check that the battery, screen, and ports are working, that the glass isn’t broken, and that your phone can turn on and off.
- Back up your content, and save any pictures, contacts, and information you want to keep.
- Disable your Google account, and any other linked accounts.
- Clear your data.
- Perform a factory reset.
How to send you phone back to Verizon for trade-in
- If you requested a shipping kit, you’ll receive a box, padded envelope, and prepaid return label for each device you’re trading in. If your kit didn’t arrive, please request a replacement.
- If you’re using your own shipping materials, please pack each device securely in its own package. Then, print your shipping labels and affix them to the front of the correct packages.
Mail us your old device within 15 days, and we’ll pay you for trading in your phone through your chosen payout method.
Choose your new Verizon phone
Once you’ve traded in your phone at Verizon, there’s no point in letting your valuable credits gather dust. Treat yourself to superfast processing with the Samsung S22 Ultra, high-tech security with the Google Pixel 6 Pro, or crystal clear photos with the Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max. Alternatively, browse our online store yourself to discover your next favorite device!
Benefits of Switching to Verizon
If you’re looking for more than top-notch performance and exceptional connectivity, here are some additional benefits of switching to Verizon from T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint, and more.
Intention on its own is powerful. It is defined as a determination to act in a certain way. To be focused in manner and approach to our desired actions towards a desired outcome.
How to Get a Free 5G Phone from Verizon
FacebookTweetLinkedIn Changing your phone or switching to another carrier can be expensive. That’s why we’re taking away the risk and saving you a ton of cash by giving you a 5G phone absolutely free. But this offer is only available for a limited time, so act fast to grab yours before it runs out! When […]